2024 Investing Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
For those wondering what is going on. China could literally f vck the dollar over good here by dumping more treasuries than they already have. If you have noticed NO OFFICALS from China has visited the US in almost a year or so now....yet we are FRANTICALLY sending Blinken and Yellen over and a few others lately....We are literally begging them to start buying more treasuries and not to sell the rest...

If they were we would be forced to finance our debt at the highest rates in decades and with the amount at 35 trillion and growing 1 trillion every 100 days we would be forced to print the dollar into oblivion....
This story doesn't take it that far but anyone with a half brain can see our wonderful leadership has gotten played again..

Got Gold?

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am not certain yet what our plan will be. It's 250 acres almost one hour southeast of San Antonio. Been in the family for 100 years. It is producing a little bit of money through some oil under it. Most of it leased to another farmer growing crops. My uncle still manages roughly 20 cows and the pasture section. Every summer of my youth was spent there.

It's a huge dove hunting area. We thought about maybe building a dove hunting cabin airbnb. You have to keep active farming on the land or the taxes will absolutely eat you alive. My sister's son loves it and would move there. Until he learned he would have the life of a farmer. The biggest problem would be managing it all from Florida.

I think the smart move would be to sell it. As emotionally painful as that is. About 10 years ago it was worth roughly $1M. With the vast expansion of San Antonio and the current market... who knows now.

My cousin has property in Virginia and he grows Christmas trees on a portion of it and gets a big tax break for being a Christmas tree "farmer/farm" - he's never sold a single tree either. lol

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I am not certain yet what our plan will be. It's 250 acres almost one hour southeast of San Antonio. Been in the family for 100 years. It is producing a little bit of money through some oil under it. Most of it leased to another farmer growing crops. My uncle still manages roughly 20 cows and the pasture section. Every summer of my youth was spent there.

It's a huge dove hunting area. We thought about maybe building a dove hunting cabin airbnb. You have to keep active farming on the land or the taxes will absolutely eat you alive. My sister's son loves it and would move there. Until he learned he would have the life of a farmer. The biggest problem would be managing it all from Florida.

I think the smart move would be to sell it. As emotionally painful as that is. About 10 years ago it was worth roughly $1M. With the vast expansion of San Antonio and the current market... who knows now.
Haven't read to see if anyone commented, but you could either lease to someone who wants to graze (if that's an option) and cover any cost of the land and wait to sell, or sell, but either way, you'd want to find the right person/broker... has any other chunk of land near there sold for development?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't read to see if anyone commented, but you could either lease to someone who wants to graze (if that's an option) and cover any cost of the land and wait to sell, or sell, but either way, you'd want to find the right person/broker... has any other chunk of land near there sold for development?

Nearly all of it is already leased for farming, and them some smaller grazing pastures. That really doesnt produce much income, but it's enough to cover the bills.

No real development within a one hour radius. Just classic Texas farm land. Every surrounding town is less than a thousand people and 1 blinking yellow light. If you look on a map, look at the area dead center between San Antonio and Victoria. Over the past 10-15 years, Eagle Ford shale oil completely reshaped that region. But it's all transient workers. Oil really needs to above $80 a barrel for that industry to purr.

If you lived in San Antonio, Austin, Corpus... it would be a nice area to have a weekend retreat.

The real question for us is: would we ever relocate? If not, how do we manage it from afar?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Nearly all of it is already leased for farming, and them some smaller grazing pastures. That really doesnt produce much income, but it's enough to cover the bills.

No real development within a one hour radius. Just classic Texas farm land. Every surrounding town is less than a thousand people and 1 blinking yellow light. If you look on a map, look at the area dead center between San Antonio and Victoria. Over the past 10-15 years, Eagle Ford shale oil completely reshaped that region. But it's all transient workers. Oil really needs to above $80 a barrel for that industry to purr.

If you lived in San Antonio, Austin, Corpus... it would be a nice area to have a weekend retreat.

The real question for us is: would we ever relocate? If not, how do we manage it from afar?
1715037958556.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator