Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The fact is, there's a pretty decent amount of talent on this team, more than we had in the Mullen years. There's no excuse for not winning games.
The ranking can be misinterpreted. For instance, scUM is rated higher and has a bunch in the portal class but they've lost far more than they picked up in the portal. You could probably say the same about Alabama.

We lost basically nothing this class though.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The fact is, there's a pretty decent amount of talent on this team, more than we had in the Mullen years. There's no excuse for not winning games.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not 2025. Last year‘s class. 2024. With the spring portal they have a ranking for combined class of portal and signing day. We are now ranked 7th in total ranking.

And I’d love to think positively, but it’s all for not if this monkey can’t find a way to coach better and find better people around him who do so as well. We just went through this ****.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And I’d love to think positively, but it’s all for not if this monkey can’t find a way to coach better and find better people around him who do so as well.
Very true, but you can say this about every sports team on Earth.

If Billy had any excuses his first two years, he doesn't now. Plenty more talent than when he took over and they're all his guys.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The ranking can be misinterpreted. For instance, scUM is rated higher and has a bunch in the portal class but they've lost far more than they picked up in the portal. You could probably say the same about Alabama.

So you're saying we should be ranked higher than 7th?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I wanted to make sure I saved this post, because when Donkey realizes he inadvertently said something positive about the Gators with this post (that they really should be ranked higher), he's going to want to go back and delete it really quick.

200w.gif

And by the way, Donkey made a great point. I'd love to see this list balanced against what players the teams lost as well as gained.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So you're saying we should be ranked higher than 7th?
I wouldnt rank portal incoming without deducting portal outgoing is all Im saying. Alabama and Miami didnt get better despite the giant portal classes. In the end you dont play with just one class. Total roster talent is all that matters. We have been around 15. It will be interesting to see where we are now once this portal closes. Im guessing still around #15.

Georgia and OSU had average ranking of 93 or so in this class and have about the same on their roster through the last few years. Texas and (gasp) Alabama werent far behind. At 90 ish, we are actually closer to the UCF, Vatech and Iowas of the world than Georgia.

That being said a huge 3 star OL that played HS in Florida is a much better risk than these guys from overseas even if they have the same "star" ranking.

Stick w Florida recruiting unless a clearly better option (like 5 star vs 3 star) is available. I like these last two additions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.