Formula 1 Miami

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why did you post the picture then?

Oh, I get it....You saw an opportunity to impugn another form of auto racing, while also showing disgust for people who probably aren't on the same income level as you, right?

:lol2:

You do you.
It was a direct rebuttal to someone moaning about how expensive it is to go see the F1 race. But as long as we're on the subject of impugning NASCAR, lets have a look at the annual ridiculous retard-fest flagship event:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It was. Larson races to win, I like that alot.

I really got interested in F1 while watching that Netflix series. I never knew the back office workings and all that goes into those cars etc. .
The drivers, wow, the work they put in, the discipline and, speeds they run, is very, very interesting.
The only thing not very good about F1 is, racing.
F1 drivers drive fast, very fast, fastest drivers in the world. They're not racers though.
The very design of the cars prohibits real racing. Plus, track position is paramount.

Hell, Nascar is having a hard time with the aero packages they're currently running as well. It's hard to pass when you get close enough to the guy in front of you, hit entry, and lose the front end. Hard to pass there as well.

But F1 is on a different level. A second place car 5 to 30 seconds behind isn't a race.
Thats typically what F1 produces.

Still it's very exciting to watch the starts and to be familiar with all the team owners, principles, chief's, drivers etc.
Just different.
Yup… when you load your cars, complete shop, and crew onto a 747-400 and fly around the world… every week, you know the $$$ involved.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Its the cars I don't care for. Too much science. This year there was 11 drivers with F1 experience in the Rolex24. I've seen as many as 16 Indycar drivers in it. Its fun watching all the best from all types of series share the same car. I see who is fastest on the stats. McLaren's Zak Brown, the guy with Trump, is a partner in IMSA & WEC teams. He also has a Historics racing team.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
It was a direct rebuttal to someone moaning about how expensive it is to go see the F1 race. But as long as we're on the subject of impugning NASCAR, lets have a look at the annual ridiculous retard-fest flagship event:

Retard fest....
I'm thinking you have a very low opinion of Nascar and especially, Nascar fans.

I'm not a huge Nascar fan these days. I'm an old school fan that pretty much stopped watching after Earnhardt died.
But, I'm from Martinsville Virginia and went to my first race in 1963 at Martinsville. I was 5 years old.

I don't understand the retard comment.

Have a nice day.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Retard fest....

I'm not a huge Nascar fan these days. I'm an old school fan that pretty much stopped watching after Earnhardt died.
But, I'm from Martinsville Virginia and went to my first race in 1963 at Martinsville. I was 5 years old.

Have a nice day.
f812af11-37a0-4550-a859-ae123113b692_text.gif

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Retard fest....

Have a nice day.
If you don't understand the retard comment just watch the ridiculous crash I posted. It isn't some bizarre once-in-a-lifetime crash....it happens at the end of every single big race because of the ridiculous way they have set up the cars.

I too used to be a big NASCAR fan. I'll bet you and I have both stopped watching for many of the same reasons. It has become mind-numbingly stupid. The cars don't look anything like a 'stock' car. They are boring, vanilla amorphous blobs with a bowtie or ford oval stuck on the front. And in the restrictor plate races every single one of them is slower than any two other cars that are drafting together, which leads to nothing more than a high speed traffic jam and an inevitable spectacle of cars crashing everywhere, followed by an hour of cleanup and a boring sprint to the end which is often won by some guy who just got lucky enough to squeak through the chaos.

Cool and fun to watch:
iu

iu

iu

Modern "Ford" "Chevy" and "Toyota".....Stupid and boring:
iu

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't understand the retard comment just watch the ridiculous crash I posted. It isn't some bizarre once-in-a-lifetime crash....it happens at the end of every single big race because of the ridiculous way they have set up the cars.

I too used to be a big NASCAR fan. I'll bet you and I have both stopped watching for many of the same reasons. It has become mind-numbingly stupid. The cars don't look anything like a 'stock' car. They are boring, vanilla amorphous blobs with a bowtie or ford oval stuck on the front. And in the restrictor plate races every single one of them is slower than any two other cars that are drafting together, which leads to nothing more than a high speed traffic jam and an inevitable spectacle of cars crashing everywhere, followed by an hour of cleanup and a boring sprint to the end which is often won by some guy who just got lucky enough to squeak through the chaos.

Cool and fun to watch:
iu

iu

iu

Modern "Ford" "Chevy" and "Toyota".....Stupid and boring:
iu
And F1s ARE stock cars?

I agree with the point-- to the extent that I care which is approximately 0.1%; Ive seen more Zambo racing than Nascar racing - it's dumb as hell to call the Chevy when there's not a Chevy part in it.

I'd make it for F1 run around in those little ghey Euro cars that Euros actually drive, 1.2 liter Fiats or Renaults.

Or scooters. Nothing exemplifies the effeminate Euros quite like scooters.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And F1s ARE stock cars?
Of course not. They are open RACE cars. Purpose built to go as fast as possible.

In racing you have 'open' classes and 'stock' classes. NASCAR is supposed to be 'stock' car racing. The acronym stands for National Association of STOCK Car Automobile Racing. You take a stock car than anyone can buy at a dealer and make it go as fast as possible. They completely abandoned the concept of stock. There isn't anything stock about it obviously. Which makes the whole thing stupid.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
We agree on this. It's sad they run faster at Texas, Vegas and other 1.5 mile tracks, than they do at Daytona and Talladega. Restrictor plate racing has been boring and crash filled for decades. We are so far away from those old mid 80's Monte Carlo's and Grand Prix's, it's not even funny. Yes, I started pulling out as far back as radial tires and pit road speed checks. I stayed in a little, and was at Daytona for the Twins the year Dale was killed. At one time, I attended 4-6 races a year. Especially, Martinsville, N Wilkesboro, Rockingham, Bristol and my favorite, Darlington. It was an amazing run there, but it's long gone.

Of course not. They are open RACE cars. Purpose built to go as fast as possible.

In racing you have 'open' classes and 'stock' classes. NASCAR is supposed to be 'stock' car racing. The acronym stands for National Association of STOCK Car Automobile Racing. You take a stock car than anyone can buy at a dealer and make it go as fast as possible. They completely abandoned the concept of stock. There isn't anything stock about it obviously. Which makes the whole thing stupid.
Yep, No going back either. Once they went solely to same templates, same engines, Nascar mandated parts that cannot be altered etc., it was game over.
There is no such thing as a Chevy, Ford or Toyota engine. Sad.

Hell, Ironically, F1 has more engineering, ingenuity and more differences in the cars than Nascar does.
F1 is a great fast platform. I love the buildup and first few laps. Then, It's just qualifying.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Good Lord....I knew inflation was rough but man....I wonder if they take Shiba Inu or Dogecoins?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Why did you post the picture then?

Oh, I get it....You saw an opportunity to impugn another form of auto racing, while also showing disgust for people who probably aren't on the same income level as you, right?

:lol2:

You do you.
Go punch a wall, buddy… you’ll feel better!

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Stock is just a word in the rule book. Like spec, issued, or parts. Every level has parameters. SCCA has a class for every car. 6 run groups with up to 10 classes each. I'm anxious to see Ray Evernham's new IROC event at Lime Rock. It does not matter if a series is 'stock'. I enjoy spec cars racing like MX-5 Cup because it shows the driver skill and talent. There's a few under 18 development drivers tearing it up out there in a few different cars and already signed with big teams.

Wild news update - Penske suspended Tim Cindric and a few more for two races including the Indy 500. That's pretty big news since Penske owns Indy. All for the data issue from St Pete, discovered at Long Beach.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Stock is just a word in the rule book. Like spec, issued, or parts. Every level has parameters. SCCA has a class for every car. 6 run groups with up to 10 classes each. I'm anxious to see Ray Evernham's new IROC event at Lime Rock. It does not matter if a series is 'stock'. I enjoy spec cars racing like MX-5 Cup because it shows the driver skill and talent. There's a few under 18 development drivers tearing it up out there in a few different cars and already signed with big teams.

Wild news update - Penske suspended Tim Cindric and a few more for two races including the Indy 500. That's pretty big news since Penske owns Indy. All for the data issue from St Pete, discovered at Long Beach.
Yeah, I didn't realize "Push to pass" was something officials could see and monitor.
Come to think of it though, It would have to be right?
Else, these guys would be using it non stop. :lol2:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
F1 announcers sound like they've huffed helium. And no drawls anywhere.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd always been a tad lukewarm toward F1 until the Drive to Survive series on Netflix roped me in to behind-the-scenes rivalries and internal bickering that dominate the competition.

All of which makes F1 seem as much like Housewives of Beverly Hills as an actual sport. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator