Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n83638 said:
I agree with your post, but believe the story above is absurdly false. No one is slamming the door in our face. Not going to happen. Downturn or not, UF is a premier job that will always be attractive to coaches who want to win titles. The conference, the state, the recruiting, and the money make it a destination job. Even the Msu beat writer said that Mullen and anyone would listen if and when Foley called. Now throw in the fact that you're not following a legend, meaning you would be given some serious slack because of the circumstances, and have 2 young top rated Qbs to build around, and it's probably the best job available the moment it opens.

exactly, you also left out that the head coach has a private jet at his disposal and we're getting a new indoor practice facility.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n83629 said:
Bielema leaves the Big 10 to come to SEC country... why not Dantonio?
Ahh...who am I kidding?
Dantonio? They guy with heart disease who has already missed games?

That's not Foley-like.

M

Muschamp_is_a_bum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok so i had a lot of jim beam to help me with the game but apparently there's rumors of saban

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
PaulDrake;n83663 said:
The Sporting News' Matt has an interesting article up 1 hour after the game:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...spurrier-dan-mullen-rich-rodriguez-mike-gundy

There is no doubt we witnessed CWM's swansong tonight. Matt Hayes talks about Foley's position and the lack of options open to him regarding Muschamp's tenure. The most interesting thing about his article were the four coaches he named that would be a possible replacement were excellent:

1. Hugh Freeze
2. Rich Rodriguez
3. Mike Gundy
4. Dabo Sweeny

What's interesting to me compared to last year that none of these coaches were available last year. That dynamic has since changed and I think we have excellent candidates waiting to be vetted and selected.

Go Gators!!!!!

1. No
2. No
3. Right age and gender, but no
4. Give me ebola now

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n83663 said:
The Sporting News' Matt has an interesting article up 1 hour after the game:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...spurrier-dan-mullen-rich-rodriguez-mike-gundy

There is no doubt we witnessed CWM's swansong tonight. Matt Hayes talks about Foley's position and the lack of options open to him regarding Muschamp's tenure. The most interesting thing about his article were the four coaches he named that would be a possible replacement were excellent:

1. Hugh Freeze
2. Rich Rodriguez
3. Mike Gundy
4. Dabo Sweeny

What's interesting to me compared to last year that none of these coaches were available last year. That dynamic has since changed and I think we have excellent candidates waiting to be vetted and selected.

Go Gators!!!!!

that's a good list but I don't think Rodriguez will be looked at. And I'd rather have Chad Morris than dabo. He's the brains behind that offense. Dabo is just a promoted wrs coach who's been riding Morris' s coat tail. I hope Gundy sits at the top of that list along with Hugh freeze. But if ole miss keeps winning he'll be untouchable

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Foley tends to like 'em youngish and spunky.....his coaches that is. That's why I don't see him going after guys like Broyles, Patterson etc. even though they might be good choices.

I really don't know who we can or will get. Right now it looks like another crap shoot to me.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let me revise my judgement on Paul's linked list.

I'd be somewhat willing to entertain RichRod if he gave up that whorish defense he insists on.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n83677 said:
1. No
2. No
3. Right age and gender, but no
4. Give me ebola now
All of those names are better than bronco mendenhall.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n83538 said:
I've been told by some very connected people that there have been 3 contacts made, I guess to gauge interest and the door was slammed in their face. I just don't know who we get. I was really hoping that Harbaugh would be our next coach, but, someone rained on my parade when they told me that wasn't going to happen. Mullen isn't coming - you can take that to the bank. Looks like we may be rolling the dice on an unproven coach, again.

What does it matter? Really. This has gone far enough.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n83684 said:
Foley tends to like 'em youngish and spunky.....his coaches that is. That's why I don't see him going after guys like Broyles, Patterson etc. even though they might be good choices.

I really don't know who we can or will get. Right now it looks like another crap shoot to me.

Yeah, this sure isn't 2004 again. Even when I look at the Little Leagues, I see guys like Holliday, and O'Leary, folks who undoubtedly won't be considered.

There just aren't many home runs out there. We're left looking at guys with so so resumes and hoping they would do well moving from an Okie State or Miss to the upgraded roster potential at UF.

Even in 2004, Foley nearly blew it. After telling SOS to send a resume, you can't tell me that you weren't worried when Notre Dame flew out to try to lure Creyer away.

I just don't know. Here's hoping we at least land a guy who understands how one wins a football game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;83701 said:
Yeah, this sure isn't 2004 again. Even when I look at the Little Leagues, I see guys like Holliday, and O'Leary, folks who undoubtedly won't be considered. There just aren't many home runs out there. We're left looking at guys with so so resumes and hoping they would do well moving from an Okie State or Miss to the upgraded roster potential at UF. Even in 2004, Foley nearly blew it. After telling SOS to send a resume, you can't tell me that you weren't worried when Notre Dame flew out to try to lure Creyer away. I just don't know. Here's hoping we at least land a guy who understands how one wins a football game.
Yep. It's going to have to be somebody who has won big that we're going to have to woo and pry from an established program. There are just no big names for hire right now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n83690 said:
All of those names are better than bronco mendenhall.

Based on math, only Freeze--the guy with the smallest sample size--would be considered better.

So based on the fact that the guy is dealing with a religious school, in a talentless region and taking on many of the big guys, how does the fact that he has a better overall win/loss record make him inferior to the others?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n83731 said:
Based on math, only Freeze--the guy with the smallest sample size--would be considered better.

So based on the fact that the guy is dealing with a religious school, in a talentless region and taking on many of the big guys, how does the fact that he has a better overall win/loss record make him inferior to the others?

He's a defensive minded coach and you never trust a mormon

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
t-gator;n83738 said:
He's a defensive minded coach and you never trust a mormon

He's won games. I don't really care what religion he is. My guess is Muschamp is a Baptist or Catholic. Clearly, they're out.

It's business. And just so we're clear, you trust Rich Rodriguez?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n83689 said:
Let me revise my judgement on Paul's linked list.

I'd be somewhat willing to entertain RichRod if he gave up that whorish defense he insists on.

He's the photo negative of Chimp, capable of putting together a good offense but insistent on running the other side of the ball and proven incompetent at doing so.

Plus he's a Bowden. Maybe literally a Bowden bastard. Lotsa rumors. Jimbo too.

M

Muschamp_is_a_bum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody would be better then this bum. Watching him coach is like watching a heart attack patient in the e.r. Going through chest compressions. Look in his eyes, theres no one home, show mercy to this poor soul Jeremy foley and put him out of his misery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.