Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I read somewhere that the contract reads that if Mike Tyson knocks Paul out early he gets very little money. The longer it goes on the more money he makes. And he makes the most money if it goes to decision.
While I wouldn't doubt that, it really sucks if true. But I haven't heard that anywhere. I have heard that they will be required to wear heavy (ie padded) gloves and I think both can wear head gear while Mike has said he won't and Jake has chosen to do so.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
This is now an officially sanctioned fight. This means that the results of the fight will count towards both fighter's overall record.

The two-minute rounds are expected to favor Tyson because of potential issues for the boxer who will be 58 at the time of the fight. The 14-ounce gloves are expected to favor Paul because the heavier gloves could soften the impact of Tyson's punches.

While I agree that the two-minute rounds should favor Tyson, they may also be a benefit for Paul as he will likely get a quicker reprieve from the relentless pounding he will likely get.

The "soften"ing of the impact of Tyson's punches from the 14 ounce gloves as opposed to the normal 10 ounce gloves is a pathetic attempt at a joke. Tyson's power will overcome any benefit of the padded gloves.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I wouldn't doubt that, it really sucks if true. But I haven't heard that anywhere. I have heard that they will be required to wear heavy (ie padded) gloves and I think both can wear head gear while Mike has said he won't and Jake has chosen to do so.
It’s a sanctioned fight now, isn’t it? So no longer an exhibition. Counts against their records I think.

So there can’t be any funny business.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It’s a sanctioned fight now, isn’t it? So no longer an exhibition. Counts against their records I think.

So there can’t be any funny business.
That would be awesome!
But a sanctioned fight doesn't stop any "funny business".
Still, Mike kills him within 3 rounds. If it goes further, Jake's chances grow.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
That would be awesome!
But a sanctioned fight doesn't stop any "funny business".
Still, Mike kills him within 3 rounds. If it goes further, Jake's chances grow.
It is sanctioned but with eight-2 minute rounds. I think Iron Mike can keep up that long.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Paul gets knocked out by the 2nd round.
Book it.
If Tyson wasnt almost 60 years old I would agree. I do think he wins in the end but there are many years difference in age and stamina. I guess we shall see. I know Mike has a deadly uppercut that many fighters will remember the rest of their lives. I would love to see a knock out.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Tyson wasnt almost 60 years old I would agree. I do think he wins in the end but there are many years difference in age and stamina. I guess we shall see. I know Mike has a deadly uppercut that many fighters will remember the rest of their lives. I would love to see a knock out.
If Paul fights, he gets knocked out.

If Paul runs around and avoids contact, he'll go longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.