Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
who cares family guy GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We’ll watch it, but not the 5 hours of buildup and lesser races.

It’s one of those iconic events to watch even if you don’t follow the sport. Others are the Super Bowl, Daytona 500, Sunday at The Masters, the Indy 500 and Wimbledon finals. (Although to be honest I can’t watch a 2-hour car race. I just check in on it a few times and try to catch the end if I can.)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have some friends who are there. It’s part of her retirement celebrations. They made it to the female races yesterday.

It’s a bucket list for us. I’d love to go watch live.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I have some friends who are there. It’s part of her retirement celebrations. They made it to the female races yesterday.

Female race is called the Oaks. It’s for the fillies. :lol:

I’ve been twice to the infield and it’s more like a messy tailgate party and not at all the pomp and circumstance you see from the boxes.

Last year our BIL was part of the conglomerate that owned Mage. He was in the winners circle with them and got to go to Saratoga too. It was a wild ride for them. He gave me a rose pedal from the Derby wreath.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Yeah, it was one of those "well, we live an hour away, we gotta do this at least once"... had a great time, ended up doing it twice, but we were young then. :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Female race is called the Oaks. It’s for the fillies. :lol:

I’ve been twice to the infield and it’s more like a messy tailgate party and not at all the pomp and circumstance you see from the boxes.

Last year our BIL was part of the conglomerate that owned Mage. He was in the winners circle with them and got to go to Saratoga too. It was a wild ride for them. He gave me a rose pedal from the Derby wreath.
That is an understatement! :lol: The second time we went, it was a rain day... holy cow, talk about "messy" :lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If it was a literal mud pit, we were likely there the same day

PS If you used the men's bathroom to avoid the line, i might have seen you running in/out! :lol:
May 4, 1996​
81​
62​
0.55"​
0.55"​
Thunderstorms

Half an inch of rain that day!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My cousin's go every year, dress up, wear the big hats and all that. It looks like a lot of fun but I've never gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator