dubster & other Foley bashers won't be happy

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
[QUOTE='78;311040]Impressive. Foley knew Mac was a good hire AFTER the Ole Miss win. That can mean only one thing. I'm AD material. [/QUOTE]

I knew he'd be a good hire before he was hired, so I'm better AD material. I can retire from the military whenever Foley decides to retire or move on. Can I be the AD-in-waiting???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
As to the questions about Foley hanging onto chump longer than most wanted... Foley mentioned several months ago that his quick trigger on zook raised questions among coaching candidates about job security, including meyer. Foley didn't want to create a perception of undue impatience. Like it or not, it's a valid issue to manage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n311092 said:
I disagree. He would not have gone after Mac two years ago if he had fired Muschamp in 2013. What Mac did in year 3 at CSU was probably the biggest reason why Foley was interested him. Since Mac's team showed vast improvement every year, that third year proved that Mac could build a program and didn't just have a lucky season like Muschamp did in 2012.

Also, there were many coaching vacancies in 2013 and no one else went after Mac then. No reason to think Foley would have too.

So am I supposed to credit foley for keeping Muschamp an extra year?

For the record, Foley deserves a lot fo credit for hiring Mac so far. He appears like a great hire although we had people screaming at the top of their lungs(some on here) that Muschamp was the greatest hire after 11-1. I am excited for the first time in 5 years about our football coach. Foley deserves credit. He still deserved criticism for keeping that sack of crap for an extra year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n311219 said:

For the record, Foley deserves a lot fo credit for hiring Mac so far. He appears like a great hire although we had people screaming at the top of their lungs(some on here) that Muschamp was the greatest hire after 11-1. I am excited for the first time in 5 years about our football coach. Foley deserves credit. He still deserved criticism for keeping that sack of crap for an extra year.

I agree about the extra year. The criticism is warranted, but those that thought he should be fired for it are just nuts. CGgater is right that no AD wants the perception of having an itchy trigger finger. It's a fine line and why they are paid handsomely to make those decisions.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n311221 said:
It's a fine line and why they are paid handsomely to make those decisions.
When they make the wrong one, that's when their jobs should be on the line. They are paid handsomely to make the RIGHT decisions.

Someday Foley isn't going to be the AD at Florida. It wouldn't surprise me if a group of people drink poisoned Kool-Aid on that day, Jim Jones style. They think that the UF athletic department is going to go right down the tubes without Foley, and won't want to live to see it.

I can picture the flyover of the bodies right now - perhaps right next to the indoor practice facility that was built a decade too late.

2512968.jpg

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody has come up with the name of a more successful athletic director yet...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n311224 said:
When they make the wrong one, that's when their jobs should be on the line. They are paid handsomely to make the RIGHT decisions.

Someday Foley isn't going to be the AD at Florida. It wouldn't surprise me if a group of people drink poisoned Kool-Aid on that day, Jim Jones style. They think that the UF athletic department is going to go right down the tubes without Foley, and won't want to live to see it.

I can picture the flyover of the bodies right now - perhaps right next to the indoor practice facility that was built a decade too late.

2512968.jpg

No one has ever said the athletic department will falter without Foley. Not one person that I've ever seen. You're sounding like Law with that imaginary BS. That said, whoever takes over after Foley with be hard pressed to match the success we've enjoyed under his leadership.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n311219 said:

I never stated or implied that Foley deserves credit for keeping Muschamp another year. I'm only pointing out the fact that we would have a different coach right now if Muschamp had been fired in 2013. I don't know who that coach would have been, but I do know that I am very happy coach Mac is here and it is possible that we are better off because Foley kept Muschamp a year too long. It think that is partly good luck with the timing and also Foley doing an excellent job of correcting his mistakes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n311240 said:
it is possible that we are better off because Foley kept Muschamp a year too long.

Cool story bro. So because of Foley's indecision and reckless contract spending we lucked out. Best AD ever!!!!!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n311230 said:
No one has ever said the athletic department will falter without Foley. Not one person that I've ever seen. You're sounding like Law with that imaginary BS. .
No, I just wanted an excuse to make a Jonestown reference.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n311256 said:
Cool story bro. So because of Foley's indecision and reckless contract spending we lucked out. Best AD ever!!!!!

Yeah, that is what he said. :rolleyes:

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think the USCe game will tell us a lot. Every good team has a problem
game. We had ours last Saturday. Question is will we come up with a
different offensive plan that works? Vandy kind of knew what play was
called. And they stopped most of them. I look for a little more open
offense this week, not a lot of safe plays. The road game might even be
good for us at this time, since we have been a good road team thus far.
Coach Mac believes in going for it so look for some unexpected calls.
I think we bounce back pretty strongly.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorJB;311240 said:
I never stated or implied that Foley deserves credit for keeping Muschamp another year. I'm only pointing out the fact that we would have a different coach right now if Muschamp had been fired in 2013. I don't know who that coach would have been, but I do know that I am very happy coach Mac is here and it is possible that we are better off because Foley kept Muschamp a year too long. It think that is partly good luck with the timing and also Foley doing an excellent job of correcting his mistakes.

What if he had fired Mustcramp a year earlier. And suppose we
hired Jim Harbaugh. Then JH would be down here in recruiting
Paradise kicking UM's butt in NCGs.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Overall, I have no real problem with Mr. Ed. I'm glad some noise was made about facilities, recruiting, and he didn't drag on signing off on some modernization (indoors, etc)... he relaxed his purse sphincter for some immediate program impact (where it counts more) vs fattening up that dawgs estate. ;-}

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
oxrageous;n311224 said:

2512968.jpg
Im gonna laugh my ass off when the guy retires and some mortal sob takes over and some of you realize what an average AD is like....................

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.