dubster & other Foley bashers won't be happy

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n311356 said:
Im gonna laugh my ass off when the guy retires and some mortal sob takes over and some of you realize what an average AD is like....................
You're going to laugh if UF suffers?

Besides, you won't be around to laugh. You'll be one of the bodies laying next to the IPF.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im gonna laugh at the foley haters.........btw that Jonestown pic was gruesome and a little over the top for your Foley foray.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Foley could retire tomorrow and the University Athletic Dept wouldn't miss a beat. This idea that Foley is an administrative God working the machinations of the athletic dept staff like some kind of cosmic puppeteer is laughable and kind of odd. We'll be just fine when he calls it quits.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alright, somebody has to ask so it might as well be me, no rock throwing please, What if we go 4-8 next year? I mean we're all heaping praise on Mac but what if it really is just "one of those years" we're having this season? Don't say it can't happen. It happened in 2012. It happens every year in CFB. Hell; even Bob Davie and Ty Willingham had 10 win seasons, Gene Chizik??? In reality we are still really bad on offense for 3/4 of every game. If we go 4-8 next year should Foley fire Mac or retire?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n311380 said:
If we go 4-8 next year should Foley fire Mac or retire?

He won't have to retire. His heart attack will see to that. Or Law/Dub's assassin.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Alright, somebody has to ask so it might as well be me, no rock throwing please, What if we go 4-8 next year? I mean we're all heaping praise on Mac but what if it really is just "one of those years" we're having this season? Don't say it can't happen. It happened in 2012. It happens every year in CFB. Hell; even Bob Davie and Ty Willingham had 10 win seasons, Gene Chizik??? In reality we are still really bad on offense for 3/4 of every game. If we go 4-8 next year should Foley fire Mac or retire?
Easy retire:proud:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was a little different with muschamp. In his first season, we had the worst season in 30 years. So muschamps 4-8 year was his second bad year. Nobody would have questioned foley if he were to fire muschamp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n311240 said:
I never stated or implied that Foley deserves credit for keeping Muschamp another year. I'm only pointing out the fact that we would have a different coach right now if Muschamp had been fired in 2013. I don't know who that coach would have been, but I do know that I am very happy coach Mac is here and it is possible that we are better off because Foley kept Muschamp a year too long. It think that is partly good luck with the timing and also Foley doing an excellent job of correcting his mistakes.
We're also still suffering because he kept him a year too long. The lack of qb and offensive lineman are problems muschamp left us with.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n311399 said:
We're also still suffering because he kept him a year too long. The lack of qb and offensive lineman are problems muschamp left us with.
Yup.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ya never know...Remember after 2011 we thought BP was going to save us and certainly JD or JB would be better than Brantley....

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n311399 said:

You're talking like we're barely going to a bowl game again. We're a 1 loss team that practically clinched the East by the end of Oct. Sure the team has flaws but we're hardly "suffering." Plus, we're going to be legit national contenders next year.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_5235.jpeg
    conv_5235.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 55

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I just love the all-or-nothing argument going on. Foley is IMHO a really good AD who's stubbed his toe a couple of times while reinforcing an overall excellent athletic program. Sure, he can be replaced with a better guy. Or we get stuck with someone like Hart or Hamilton. I'm sure Gator fans would LOVE to see one of them show up in Gainesville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n311033 said:
Think about it though, had he made the change with Muschamp 2 years ago, would he really have went after Mac? His Colorado State team finished 8-6 with a bowl win in the New Mexico Bowl.
I think it played out just like it was supposed to.
Couple of things. We shouldn't have had the Chump to begin with and Mac would have still been an unknown option. This whole ridiculous idea that Foley is some kind of hiring genius is not based on Football hires. I will ask again, how hard a job is AD at Florida? Would you like to coach at Florida? That's the only question that needs to be asked by the AD. Foridia is NOT Podunk University.

Again, it's the football program that carries the others; that gives the prestige to the university; and that deepens the financial coffers, etc. This guy hired the loser Zook and the bum Chump. Nuff said.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GatorJB;n311484 said:
You're talking like we're barely going to a bowl game again. We're a 1 loss team that practically clinched the East by the end of Oct. Sure the team has flaws but we're hardly "suffering." Plus, we're going to be legit national contenders next year.
Shut up JB, we are suffering unlike those punk kids in Misery taking over a university system on the faux outrage against racism.................

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
OcalaGator83;n311506 said:
We can only hope.
That was nasty...........You hope a long time gator supporter fan and fanatic and father of four....... dies a horrible death do to spiked koolaid. Im hurt........really hurt.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF just signed 4 National & International medal winners in gymnastics to go in 2017. They will be joining
​a UF team having won 4 straight NCs, probably 5 straight NCs(2016) … that would mean 6 straight NCs
are very likely. Go Gators and whoever hired their coach ?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
oxking;n311518 said:
Couple of things. We shouldn't have had the Chump to begin with and Mac would have still been an unknown option. This whole ridiculous idea that Foley is some kind of hiring genius is not based on Football hires. I will ask again, how hard a job is AD at Florida? Would you like to coach at Florida? That's the only question that needs to be asked by the AD. Foridia is NOT Podunk University.

Again, it's the football program that carries the others; that gives the prestige to the university; and that deepens the financial coffers, etc. This guy hired the loser Zook and the bum Chump. Nuff said.

The amount of dipsh!ttery in this response is staggering really. Football may be the sport that "carries the others, and gives prestige to the university", but it isn't the only one that exists, nor is it the only one that people attend.

Are you sure you're not a Nole in hiding? Sure sounds that way.

He may have been the one to hire Zook and Muschamp, but the list of successful, championship winning coaches he has hired far outweighs the list of duds he has.

Hate on him all you want, you're allowed to do so, but don't make out like the guy is just fishing in the dark or that he's just the "right place, right time" guy who has the easiest job in the universe because he's the AD at UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator