Has Mushchimp been fired yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's now just a question of how messy it's going to be.
Is Florida AD Jeremy Foley going to drag this out or give Will Muschamp the Big Haircut immediately? Will Muschamp is gone. That much was assured after the embarrassing 42-13 loss to Missouri. Hell, Brady Hoke thinks Will Muschamp is gone.
Kidding, but you get the message. Foley's exit strategy regarding Florida's embattled coach is now the story. Not if, but when.

MORE ON FLORIDA Listen to Gators fans chant 'Fire Muschamp'

Let the speculation begin regarding Muschamp's replacement and let it begin with Steve Spurrier. How cool would it be if Spur Dog ends his career as sort of a "bridge" to the next guy at Florida? Who knows, the way he's going Spurrier might last another 10 years. He's 69, looks 49 and all he wants to do is win.
That's what's keeping him in the profession and at South Carolina. It's still fun. But what if he's bumping his head on the ceiling with the Gamecocks? What if he has maxed out there? What if the Gators came calling with a simple plea: Come save your alma mater?
Foley has said he'll wait until the end of the season to make a decision, but there seems to be no good reason to wait. Recruiting is starting to become an issue, and recruiting is everything in the SEC.
Spurrier will have to answer the speculation -- publicly and soon. Right now, he might be the most sensible replacement. There is no obvious answer, no name that stands out --except Spurrier at the moment. There will be a call for Dan Mullen. I keep hearing that won't happen for a variety of reasons. Never say never, I suppose. Rich Rodriguez? Maybe. Hugh Freeze is a climber and could do great things in Gainesville.
But no one could blame Spurrier for coming home. Not South Carolina, not the media, certainly not Florida fans who need a special brand of salvation for their program at the moment.
Actually, check your calendars. Spurrier is coming home -- Nov. 15, the Gamecocks go to Florida. The question is, will he stay?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...l-would-it-be-if-spurrier-returned-at-florida

M

Muschamp_is_a_bum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear Charlie Strong is on the hot seat in texas. I say we ship muschamp's sorry ass back to texas and bring charlie home

M

Muschamp_is_a_bum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or i would say bring urban back but after his comments i would disown florida if they brought him back. Ol dan is not leaving to come back so what about a blast from the past, The ol ball coach, steve spurrier

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n83538 said:
I've been told by some very connected people that there have been 3 contacts made, I guess to gauge interest and the door was slammed in their face. I just don't know who we get. I was really hoping that Harbaugh would be our next coach, but, someone rained on my parade when they told me that wasn't going to happen. Mullen isn't coming - you can take that to the bank. Looks like we may be rolling the dice on an unproven coach, again.

This is exactly why we can't wait any longer either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp_is_a_bum;n83618 said:
I hear Charlie Strong is on the hot seat in texas. I say we ship muschamp's sorry ass back to texas and bring charlie home

I like the screen name. This guy's committed

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It has to be tomorrow. There is absolutely no reason at all that this should stretch out one day longer. I don't have any idea who his replacement should or could be but there is poison permeating through this team and it needs to be cleared out now.

M

Muschamp_is_a_bum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea. Im committed. Texas knew this guy couldn't coach thats why they let him go. I live in kentucky and its a bad thing when Kentucky's record is better then ours. Hell Muschamp tried to give that game to them too. Please i am praying this bum is gone Monday

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
G 2;n83624 said:
This is exactly why we can't wait any longer either.

I agree with your post, but believe the story above is absurdly false. No one is slamming the door in our face. Not going to happen. Downturn or not, UF is a premier job that will always be attractive to coaches who want to win titles. The conference, the state, the recruiting, and the money make it a destination job. Even the Msu beat writer said that Mullen and anyone would listen if and when Foley called. Now throw in the fact that you're not following a legend, meaning you would be given some serious slack because of the circumstances, and have 2 young top rated Qbs to build around, and it's probably the best job available the moment it opens.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The bad dream is now officially a nightmare. Every avenue for success under WM is exhausted. He tried his best and his best wasn't good enough. It was obvious after the Kentucky game and the disastrous decline has since been confirmed, completed and sealed. I have to start looking to the future under our new head coach. The WM era is over. Go Gators!

M

Muschamp_is_a_bum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully they let driskell go too. Major disappointment

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The Sporting News' Matt has an interesting article up 1 hour after the game:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...spurrier-dan-mullen-rich-rodriguez-mike-gundy

There is no doubt we witnessed CWM's swansong tonight. Matt Hayes talks about Foley's position and the lack of options open to him regarding Muschamp's tenure. The most interesting thing about his article were the four coaches he named that would be a possible replacement were excellent:

1. Hugh Freeze
2. Rich Rodriguez
3. Mike Gundy
4. Dabo Sweeny

What's interesting to me compared to last year that none of these coaches were available last year. That dynamic has since changed and I think we have excellent candidates waiting to be vetted and selected.

Go Gators!!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n83638 said:
UF is a premier job that will always be attractive to coaches who want to win titles. The conference, the state, the recruiting, and the money make it a destination job.
Exactly. I didn't like the thought of trying to outbid USC and UTw last year for what was a meager group of table scraps anyway with two other destination jobs with top budgets and recruiting states, but competing against Michigan is not a problem. They are a top program, but our roster and recruiting advantages are obvious.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier isn't coming home. Dabo....hell ****ing no. Gundy....maybe. Freeze isn't going anywhere. Mullen won't come back.

Dumb list by a dumb hack in Hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.