Status
Not open for further replies.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
We aren't even competitive... Bottom dwellers...

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@APMarkLong: Hearing Gators coach Will Muschamp is safe for today. Unsure how long that will last, though

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n83776 said:
@APMarkLong: Hearing Gators coach Will Muschamp is safe for today. Unsure how long that will last, though

Monday, perhaps?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, I would think Foley could give less than a **** about beating UGA, he just needs a new coach.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
MidwestChomp;n83761 said:
Not a bad choice. I like it actually, but won't happen. D3 to SEC is too big a jump. Might have to look at small D1 programs. Holliday at Marshall, etc. Bowden at Akron...kidding.

Being CEO of a top ten university football program is a handful. I'm guessing Foley has been pleased with WM's management skills. Hiring a coach from a smaller school or a lower division is okay by me as long as Foley provides an executive program manager. Remember, Frieze, Briles and Malzahn are not that far removed from walking high-school sidelines.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n83740 said:
He's won games. I don't really care what religion he is. My guess is Muschamp is a Baptist or Catholic. Clearly, they're out.

It's business. And just so we're clear, you trust Rich Rodriguez?

It was a joke. And I'm not even worried about rich rod getting looked at because he won't. But imo I think they're going to go for a guy from the offensive side of the ball. It's what has to be addressed

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't care who it is. How could anyone do any worse?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the UF president situation might have something to do with delaying a move. New guy might want a say in the matter, especially with the national social attention that can hit a school as a result of their football program (Pedophile State, Rapeis State). WM might be given a longer "dead man walking" leash because of timing.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For muschamps sake he should be fired

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There comes a time when the only humane thing left to do is take the dog out back and shoot it. It's way past time for that, but it still needs to be done.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would imagine they're going to give him time to call a team meeting and tell his players personally rather than let them find out on sportscenter

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
I'm waiting on the foley "1000% behind muschamp and will judge this season based off the western michigan game." statement.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Florida Football: Time for Will Muschamp to Panic About Midseason Firing

By Brian Leigh, Featured Columnist Oct 19, 2014

Florida's offense was a comedy of errors against Missouri—which is to say, business as usual.
Quarterbacks Jeff Driskel and Treon Harris were both ineffective in the first half, after which Florida trailed 20-0, combining for 33 passing yards on 13 attempts and turning the ball over thrice.

But things did not unravel in earnest until the third quarter, when Missouri running back Marcus Murphy returned a punt 82 yards for a touchdown—his second return-for-score of the game—defensive end Markus Golden returned a Driskel fumble 21 yards for a touchdown and linebacker Darvin Ruise returned a Driskel interception 46 yards for a touchdown. And that was just the first four possessions!

When the fusillade was over, Missouri led 42-0. Actually, to be precise: It led 42-0 despite having gained just 97 yards of offense. That is one point for every 2.3 yards it had gained.

-

Muschamp has failed egregiously to develop an offense since arriving in 2011—and that extends far past the quarterbacks. The running backs don't know how to run. The blockers don't know how to block. The receivers don't know how to receive.

The change of offensive coordinators from Brent Pease to Kurt Roper has done nothing. Roper was a Broyles Award finalist after helping Duke reach the ACC Championship Game last season, but even a man with a veritable miracle on his resume is no match for the deeply embedded mediocrity of this offensive depth chart.

Muschamp has allowed three classes of highly regarded prospects to become sloppy, soft, mistake-prone offensive players. He's a defensive guy, but all of this has happened on his watch. For that, he's the one who will get blamed.

-

Muschamp has lost 12 of his last 19 games.

-

full-
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...dseason-firing

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell is it going to take? Does chimp have to punch foley in the nose to get canned? foley, you've been reduced to a joke nationally do what needs to be done now.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Athletic Director, Jeremy Foley, hitched his star to Will Muschamp he tipped over a line of dominoes that are still falling putting your football program back an untold number of years. In the end Foley's ego was bigger than the firestorm of alumni and fan Muschamp naysayers. Now you reap the whirlwind. It doesn't matter if he fires the head coach today, the damage is done.

The worst part of this whole affair is the humiliating fact that Tennessee wasn't even good enough to take advantage of Florida's worst coach in its history. We'll never live that down.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads